Time changes people, for better and for worse. We become wiser and even kinder with age, yet we do have to deal with wrinkles, lines, and many changes to our bodies as well. That’s why our Milwaukee area cosmetic surgery center offers carefully tailored procedures that are right for the age group of every patient.
Let’s briefly consider some of the common facial surgery and body sculpting procedures during different stages of people’s lives.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery for Minors
While cosmetic surgery is most commonly thought of as an adult matter, minors can undergo cosmetic or reconstructive procedures in certain cases:
- Otoplasty/Ear Pinning – When a child has ears that are too large or that stick out too much, cosmetic ear surgery can help address these problems and prevent teasing and self-consciousness.
- Cleft Palate Surgery – If a child is born with a cleft palate, a cosmetic surgeon can help address this problem and improve the shape of their upper lip.
Plastic Surgery in Your 20s
Since lines and wrinkles tend to not be a problem in a person’s twenties, the most common surgeries typically involve these kinds of aesthetic enhancements:
- Breast Augmentation – Getting breast implants can greatly enhance a woman’s bustline and overall figure.
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) – Issues with the shape of the nose and its general appearance can be revised thanks to a carefully performed nose job.
- Liposuction – A little bit of problematic fat that just won’t go away can be removed with liposuction, a cosmetic option for fat reduction.
Plastic Surgery in Your 30s
In your thirties, the first signs of age tend to become apparent, though people may look at these surgeries to help tighten, trim, and tone up their bodies:
- Body Contouring – After losing weight, certain parts of the body may droop or sag. This is when procedures such as tummy tuck, thigh lift, arm lift, and breast lift may prove most ideal.
- Mommy Makeovers – Having a child can have a major impact on your appearance. A mommy makeover can help reduce sagging of the skin and remove stretchmarks associated with pregnancy and childbirth.
Plastic Surgery in Your 40s
By a person’s forties, lines and wrinkles become more of an issue. That’s when these anti-aging procedures become excellent options:
- Facelift – A facelift is an ideal option for sagging of the middle portion of the face and lines that form around the eye area.
- Brow Lift – Furrows along the forehead and other kinds of brow lines can be eliminated thanks to a brow lift. This surgery tightened forehead skin to make these problems go away.
- Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) – Drooping upper eyelids and bags of the lower eyelids can be addressed thanks to cosmetic eyelid surgery, giving you a refreshed appearance.
Plastic Surgery in Your 50s and Beyond
Sagging and drooping of the skin cannot be avoided once you’re in your fifties and your golden years. These carefully done surgeries can make all the difference:
- Lower Face Lift – The lower face lift is a great option for the jowls, sagging cheeks, and issues with the chin area. The procedure can literally make you look many years younger.
- Neck Lift – Loose skin around the neck can be off-putting and a major telltale sign of aging. A neck lift is a good way of tightening this loose neck skin and improving your overall appearance.
Contact Lake Country Plastic & Hand Surgery
If you would like more information about you many anti-aging options, be sure to contact an experienced cosmetic plastic surgeon today. We will be sure to discuss all treatment options with you in full detail to help you make the right aesthetic treatment choices.